The Oldest Collegiate Church in Scotland in Use Today
Through the centuries the beauty and peace of this Church has inspired and uplifted millions and served our community, providing a place of worship, sanctuary, blessing and celebration. Now it needs the support of the current community to ensure it continues this service for many more generations to come.
The restoration of the oldest Collegiate Church in Scotland still in use is a complex and costly one, yet crucial to preserving this living piece of Bothwell and Scottish history. Standing on the site of a 6th century Church, it retains a medieval Quire built by The Earl of Douglas in 1398.
This unusual stone vaulted intimate inner chapel needs immediate and urgent work to preserve the intergrity of its structure.